We're a friendly group of designers, developers, testers, and marketers having a great time building themes at ThemeIsle, sharing the best content at CodeinWP, and straight-up innovating with Optimole.
Make it easy for anyone in the world to launch & grow their online presence, through education, high-quality products, and reliable support.
About the role
We’re looking for a WordPress Developer that will join the engineering team. You will help create new features, improve existing code, squash bugs and help us grow the themes and plugins from our portfolio.
Note: it is not required that you have all of these! Teams have varying needs, focuses, and use varying technologies.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years experience building WordPress plugins or themes
- Understanding of responsive design and its implementation
- Experience building and shipping production-ready applications
- Extensive knowledge of the WordPress ecosystem
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Good analytical and debugging skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Working knowledge of internationalization, localization, and/or accessibility
- Write performance-focused and optimized code
Who you are?
- You’re independent, take initiative often, and come up with your own ideas. Being entirely responsible for a project – from start to finish – doesn't scare you.
- You're a great communicator and have excellent levels of English, both spoken and written. In our company, communication is key.
- You are curious and keen to learn new things. Developing new skills is one of your main goals.
- You love to add value and get deeply involved in everything you're building. You always try to deliver the best possible product.
- You enjoy working in a team and helping other developers.
- You use feedback to improve yourself and do not see it as a personal criticism.
- You don't mind taking care of tasks of all sizes – from bug fixes to large features.
- For the input field asking if you agree, the answer is themeisle. Unfortunately, 90% of the people don't seem to read this.
VertigoStudio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person’s, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you are a strong match, someone will be in touch in a short time.
We look forward to hearing from you!